February 25, 2008

{ Grandpa's Hutch }

I'm not really sure if this piece is called a hutch. It's more like a mini-hutch. But, whatever you call it, I love it! It was my grandpa's & I have had my eye on it (in my sister's house) for a very long time. Last October when I was at my sister's house in Utah I told her about my love for this mini-hutch & asked if she ever thought about getting rid of it that she keep me in mind. Well, I think in a moment of weakness (I like to think it was an overwhelming feeling of sisterly love) she said I could have it! I was more than happy, I was overjoyed! Now I just had to figure out how to get it through a couple of states to my house. The wheels in my head started turning...at that time my parents were traveling a bit between their houses in St. George & Mt. Pleasant, which is close to my sister's. My mom agreed to pick it up for me & then my parents drove it to the St. George home. Next, another sister (who lives in Nevada)drove to St. George to visit & picked it up & took it to her house for me. The mini-hutch then made it's final journey when my sis came out to California to visit. Phew! It was a long journey, but it held up well. I love, love, love it! It goes perfectly in my family room with the furniture I already have & it has special meaning to me because it was my grandpa's. I have 3 old books of his that I keep inside of it & I thoroughly enjoy decorating it for the holidays. So, a shout out to my sis, Laurel...thank you for grandpa's hutch. It brings me much joy every single day! Love you.

Here's some holiday decorating:

Easter. (Yay for spring!)

Halloween(my favorite). Can you see the rat underneath?

Thanksgiving (needs work)

Amazingly, I couldn't figure out what to do for Christmas. I hope I can figure it out by the time it comes around again. My other dilemma...what will I do when it's not a holiday?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yes, I have noticed it when I've been at your house, and it is a great piece.

Hey--lots of holidays still left!

St.Patricks Day'
May Day
Mother's Day (with pics of moms and grandmas...)
Father's Day
4th of July
Summer/Beach/Swimming
Back To School
Winter Snowflakes/Snowmen/MLK day
Valentine's Day/ Presidents Days

You've got LOTS of options!!!