May 26, 2008

{ Mellow Yellow }

On Saturday we finally painted my daughter's room. I can say "we" because this was the first time that my hubby let me help. He is not a painter by trade but the boys in his family grew up painting...that is, working for painters, owning painting companies & his dad managed a paint store so, consequently, they are all very particular on how painting should be done. And I have to say, they are all really good at it.

At least he always lets me choose the color so, I picked yellow. Yellows can be tricky but, I tried to choose a mellow yellow. It is a Dunn Edwards paint called Ivory Oats (#DE5358). Of course, you can't really tell from the pictures the true color but, I'm likin' it.

This is the same room that the garage sale furniture is going in so, I will show it to you when it is all done. Life is so busy, that it is a slow process but, getting the room painted is a big "check" off the list!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Good Job, Alan! I can't wait to see the finished product, Jamie.

April said...

I wish my hubby wouldn't let me help paint and insisted on doing it himself. Consider yourself lucky! :) The color looks so fun, I can't wait to see the finished room!