November 2, 2008

{ Special Sunday Dessert : aka SS Dessert }

It's the first Sunday of the month & that means...a special dessert! This month it was Apple Crisp. I got the recipe from my sister, Ape. It's super easy & quick. This picture makes it look yellow & horrible {need new camera!} but trust me, in real life it was much more appetizing. And it was yummy! We ate it warm, of course, with ice cold milk. It's good with vanilla ice cream too.

Here's the recipe:

4 cups sliced granny smith apple
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¼ cup water
¾ cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter

Place apples in buttered 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt & water. Rub together flour, sugar & butter. Drop mixture over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ummm, Ummm looking delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

April said...

It is one of my favorite dessert recipes, and the bonus (and most important elements to any of my recipes)it is sooo easy! I also love to top it with vanilla ice cream and drizzle warm caramel on top. YUM!