April 8, 2009

{ Spring Break }

It's Spring Break around here & we've been busy. I love the week away from homework. My sister, Canary, came into town last week with 3 of her kids. We've been having a fun time shopping, crafting & baking. Sadly, she had to leave yesterday. Now I have to figure out what to do with my munchkins since her kids aren't here anymore to entertain them. :)

I picked up a new battery for my camera {Yay! It was just the battery!} So, I was able to take a picture of the results of a new recipe we tried yesterday. The morning light was just coming in the window.

Mmm...yummy! They are called French Breakfast Puffs & they are so good! See, they are rolled in melted butter & cinnamon sugar after they are baked. You can't go wrong with butter & cinnamon sugar. And we made them mini muffin size so they are so cute! We found the recipe on The Pioneer Woman blog. It's a new blog that my friend told me about & she has some terrific recipes & a great story.

I'm finishing up a little craft that I hope to show you soon. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Those looks so good. I have been reading PW for about a year now, but never came across this recipe.

I understand trying to keep the children entertained. We went thrift shopping; they always love being allowed to pick out one thing. It brings instant entertainment for at least a day:)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

YUMMY! I made these exact muffins for my husband...and he asked me never to make them again because he couldn't stop eating them! :) I hope you had more luck than I did, or at least more self control!
Carrie

Jeanne Oliver said...

Those look delicious...especially because I am not eating sugar or breads......yummy!!!!

Taryn said...

Those look sooooo good! I might have to try them someday . . .

Jennifer said...

My hubby loves cinnamon and who doesn't love butter so I will totally be trying these! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

That just looks so mouth watering! :-P Thanks for sharing this... i'll give this a shot.

Courtney N said...

Those look so good. My mouth just filled with saliva!

Amber Filkins said...

Mmmmmm, looks yummy! We're on spring break here too. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Those are some of our favorite muffins and we have been making them for years. I love Spring Break, but we are on the last push till the end of the year.

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

Those muffins look amazing! I copied off the recipe! Thanks for sharing! My guys will love them, my waistline won't :)!