May 2, 2009

{ Backyard Love }

You know how I like...okay, need those deadlines to help me get things done. Well, we had a little dinner party last night which means I needed to get some things planted & cleaned up in the backyard.
Lowe's had some beautiful foxglove for a reasonable price & since I love them, I decided I needed to find a place for them in the backyard. They turned out to be perfect for adding a little height.


And I was, finally, able to use what I call my "sophisticated tiki lamps". I got them as a gift a few years ago. They are from Ballard Designs & I love them! They are beautiful lit up at night.


I love my backyard. It's like our little oasis. The last thing we need to do to finish it up, is to get a table big enough for our family of 6 to put under the patio cover so that we can eat out there. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Your backyard looks fabulous!! I just love it. Wish I could come to the party back there too! :)
Carrie

Victoria said...

Looks gorgeous, Jamie... good job getting it all done. Let's go get some breakfast this week, k?

Sheila said...

Looks gorgeous! I love foxgloves too but have never had them in my garden.

I just finished taking some pics of my garden to post, too. Not quite as neatly kept as your yard though.

AJ said...

Your backyard is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your new flowers and tiki's!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a beautiful backyard and patio. Hope your dinner party was success. And btw, I work best under pressure too. It's usually when I'm having people over that I get the most done...it's great motivation for unfinished projects!

Happy Late Birthday
~Amanda

carylhope said...

Love your backyard! Where did you get the Garden seating set? Looks like a very nice place to relax... :-)

Belated happy birthday and hope your party was a success!

Chris said...

Oh how I wish my backyard looked that great! It's beautiful! I want to sit out there with some cold drinks!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I think your backyard looks great. So welcoming. I can just see myself sitting there, sipping on a glass of pino grigio and enjoying the outdoors.
We're also working on spiffing up our outdoor space but it's going to take lots of hard work and lots of landscaping as our yard was wall to wall grass until last week.

Jeanneoli said...

Your yard looks so pretty. I hope your party went well and I am the same way...need people coming over to get things done.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like a magazine backyard. Truly gorgeous! Great job!!

AMIT said...

Yeah just wonderful backyard.

How to make a website