October 26, 2009

{ Christmas Quilt }

I finished another one! But, I have to say, this quilt was much easier than the last one since the top was already finished. Sheri & I both wanted to make quilts so, we came up with a plan to do a quilt top exchange. So, when I was making my other quilt, I made two tops...one for her & one for our exchange.
She made this using 4 Moda Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey charm packs plus a bit of extra fabric for the borders. I kept it simple by Xing through the squares & stippling just the border.
Sure makes for a quick quilt when someone else does all the piecing! I love it!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Just beautiful! I love the light blue and olive green with the red. Nice work!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love the figgy pudding. I wanted to make one for our bed but I didn't get the fabric early enough. I may still have to try to find some on ebay. It's just too awesome.

Victoria said...

Oooh, I love it SO MUCH! Maybe I will have time to make a quilt soon...? Maybe not:(

sheri said...

I love it!! Turned out so cute.
Aren't you quilted out yet?

Sheri

sheri said...

I'm pretty sure I used 4 charm packs for that quilt top. Love it though.

~ Stacey ~ said...

I LOVE it, It is so beautiful!!!!

Cindy said...

So so so cute! OH. If I only had the time.... maybe next year?????

Traci said...

Good choice with the Xing... that's what I was thinking you chould have done when we were talking about it. Looks great!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the blues with the greens and reds. Beautiful job. Piecing is my favorite part of the process, it's the quilting that gets to me - no it's sewing on the binding!