April 16, 2010

{ My Garden }

I have always wanted to try growning my own vegitables (after seeing the success of Jamie's garden anyway). The problem is I have a very small patio that is shady at least half the day. I wasn't sure it would work. But I decided to give it a try and see how it goes... I mean you never know right? Here's the beginnings of my little garden, still a work in progress. The view from my front door...


My daughter picked out these flowers for the table.

I love hydrangeas so when I saw these I had to get them. Beneath those are my herbs. I've already used some of them in my cooking. Delish!


Again, when I saw these beautiful white daisies I had to get them. They are such a happy flower and make me smile. My daughter chose the little purple ones. Next to the flowers are lettuce, cucumber (which doesn't seem to be growing much, and tomato. There are also some green onion and green beans in planters next to these, but I just started to them sprouting today.

The peas... I love going out and eating the peas fresh out of the pod. I hope these grow well.

I love, love, love my little cactus garden... it reminds me of Grandma and Grandpa.

I'm trying out a hanging strawberry planter too.


The view coming up from the stairs to our house. I love seeing all the green on my patio. I hope I don't kill everything off!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

It looks beautiful, Traci, Everything is arranged so prettily! What about a hanging upside down tomato plant? It might get more sun???

Laurel said...

Hey little sis,
I'm so proud of you. I hope to follow in your footsteps soon :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I'm also doing the containor planting-more so because the soil sucks. I want to get more herbs and some strawberries as well.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Good luck to you - hope it goes well.

Jamie said...

thank you :)

nateandkatesmom said...

I'm anxious to see how yours do. I've tried a few things in containers. Sweet peas, did well but did not yield many. Cucumber will take over....You may need a bigger pot and stake them up. I used my biggest pot for those and used some bamboo stakes. I'm trying lettuce too this year and cannot wait to have salads with fresh lettuce this summer. I'm in Pa so it is a bit early for us to put the plants in but I've started some seeds. Good luck to you!