May 4, 2010

{ Changes in the Living Room }

Okay, here's the deal. I hired a decorator for our living room. {gasp!} I know. Everyone advised me not to, but you see, we had a pool table in there and a couch where the dining room was supposed to be. I thought that maybe it should be a little bit more formal {since it was the living room and all} and at the time, I didn't want to do it myself. Hence, the decorator. She was a very nice lady and she did a good job. It's not her fault that this is what I thought I wanted. It turned out to be a mistake. At first, I liked it but it didn't take long for me to realize I couldn't live with it. It just wasn't me. Well, because of the money we spent, we lived with it for almost 7 years. Take a look...
Then, my husband agreed we could get rid of the pool table! No one was really using it anymore and we really needed a dining space! Yay! That meant that this was my chance to redecorate!

We sold the pool table & couch to help pay for some new furniture. I took down the curtains this morning because a couch is being delivered today. I thought I'd take a picture to show you the progress...and a peek at my new dining table. I'm liking the changes already.
There is still a lot of work to do. I can't wait to get a new coat of paint on the walls! It is going to brighten up the space so much! I'm also keeping my eyes open for a hutch to add to the dining room but, it's all a work in progress. I will keep you posted!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who makes decorating mistakes like this. Do you have a story to tell?

UPDATE:
The couch & chairs just arrived. Here's a peek...

6 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Not exactly what you want...I just LOVE your walls...my favorite color. I am sure the new color will look great, but what was that color you used...and any special technique?? I cannot tell on my silly computer, but it looks like a mottled 2 color effect. I do like the new dining area, and I am so sure you will love the new couch, etc.

Traci said...

Yay!!!! I can't wait to see it. :)

Raechal said...

I'm loving the pillow on your beautiful new couch! Can't wait to see it all done!

Cindy said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see it piece by piece. I think all of us make mistakes here and there. There is a lot I would do differently now. Or maybe our taste and needs just change...

Victoria said...

FUUUUUN!

Connie said...

I had an interior designer in our house for the living room also. Didn't have much luck with her either. I did however cancel her services before the mistake went past the consult.