May 10, 2010

{ Hearing & Listening }

Hi all! I hope all you mothers had a great day yesterday. I got the full Mother's Day treatment with the kids making breakfast {with no help from dad}, homemade cards {love them} & gifts including a new clay heart necklace to wear to church! Yay!

Anyway, I wanted to show you a recent purchase. I love all the chalkboards I've seen in your beautiful homes out there in blogland & have thought about making one for my home for a long time. My sisters, Sheri & April, put one on their pantry doors, which I think is so fun, but it didn't work for my home. I never could find the right place for one. Well, now that I am redoing my living room, I knew I had to get me a chalkboard in there somehow. Since I got a little money for my birthday, I headed to my favorite store, yes...Home Goods, to see if there was anything fun to buy. Guess what I found...chalkboards! It was a no brainer. I brought one home with me!

I'm crazy about quotes & wrote one on my new chalkboard, right away, that went like this...
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - Albert Einstein
Good, yes?

Well, yesterday, Ms. Sassypants replaced it with a quote of her own on the chalkboard...
 
I can't complain. She could have quoted me saying something really embarrasing... and I'm sure that's coming. At least that means she's hearing me, right? Let's just hope she's listening & not just hearing. :)

2 comments:

Traci said...

Good quote! :) Cute that she replaced yours. I LOVE your new chalkboard! Your living room is coming together so cute.

Crickit said...

Love the quote! It is so true... love the chalk board also.