October 27, 2010

{ More of the New House }

In this new house, we have a living room with huge vaulted ceilings.  I don't know what to do with these, therefore I ignore them and decorate like they aren't there.

I had a huge wall to fill with not much furniture so we added some cheap plates from home goods to fill in a little extra space.  I like how they  turned out.

I love my neat little typewriter I found at a consignment store.  The skeleton hand is only there for Halloween.  I love that too!

Here's more living room. Our dog George didn't want to wake up and get out of the picture.

I am very excited to have a fireplace again.  I haven't tried to light it yet.  I hope it is working.  We don't get to use them much here in Las Vegas, but I love to have fires going in the winter.

Here you can see the big spot I need to fill going to garage sales. I want to find a game and puzzle table and chairs. Our family loves puzzles and I would love to have one going all the time.

This is the dining room next to the kitchen. As you can see there is still some work to be done in here.  I want to make curtains and get a huge rug made. Right now it has kind of that echo that comes when you have all hard surfaces in a room.

I have always loved this urn and it has been in my garage for at least 2 years. I was so happy that Jamie found a good spot for it. I will probably put some mercury glass ornaments with the greenery for Christmas.  The table was my husbands grandmothers.  I have never found the perfect place to put it. I love when I can use things that are passed down.

A friend of mine gave me this luggage.  Her mother took these on her honeymoon back in the 1940's.  They are so cute because they are monogrammed with her initials.
It's all coming along, I am starting to feel more like this is home.

Happy Halloween!!!

6 comments:

Outofmymind said...

It's beautiful! I'm so in love with the painting of Joseph and Hyrum. It is so fun to decorate and be thrilled with what you come up with!

Holly said...

So, so pretty! I love that painting in the dining room.

The Crawford Crier said...

Where ever did you get those portraits?! I love them! Oh please....tell me! *smile* Your home is LOVELY!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your wood floors - just so pretty! Thanks for the tour.

-Danielle

April said...

Love it, love it, love it! It looks so much better with your furniture in there. I'm blown away (as always)! Love ya!

Robin Johnson said...

Beautiful! I love your style. Comfy, chic and very stylish.