May 5, 2011

{Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes}

Let me just start by saying we have moved a lot over the years. I think we are currently in house #5 (not including any rentals we've lived in). My Sweet Hubby and I have talked about moving a few times over the years, but it never quite seemed like the right time. Then about 6 months ago, Sweet Hubby was diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis. Having two sets of stairs in the house is just not good when you have this condition. Soooo....

We listed our house about two weeks ago. Our thought process went something like this... 

I know the market is REALLY soft, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?...

We'll just list it for what we want, and see what happens.... (Even with the price we listed it at, we are taking a major BATH, but 'tis the market...)

Hubby thought:

Hey worst case scenario, the house will be clean...

I thought:

Dang! Now the house has to be clean ALL THE TIME!!!!...

Anywho, we found a fabulous realtor who didn't laugh when we told them what we wanted to get for our house, (Yes, we actually had two other realtors tell us they wouldn't list our house because of the price we wanted. Have you ever heard of that???)

Then a funny thing happened... we got an offer on our house... We are now in escrow... We didn't get quite what we wanted, but we're okay with what we settled on. Knock on wood, everything will go smoothly.

Huh... now we need another house...

On the bright side, our wonderful realtor, Ron Bentley, who is quickly becoming my best friend, paid for a professional photographer/videographer to come take pictures of our house. Talk about having faith! Since most of my photos are taken with my phone, and since I'm really bad about updating the blog with my projects, I figured I would put his finished project here so you can see most of my home in her present state, (there are lots of projects I never got around to, you know how it is).

Unfortunately, she will never be that clean again as long as I live here! (Sorry Hubby!)

Enjoy!

video

Sorry the quality isn't great when you enlarge it, you can also go the the link here.

P.S. I will try to post about a couple of the projects you can see in the video, including my "new" headboard in the master bedroom, soon...

P.P.S. This isn't the only big change coming in my life, but I'll talk about that later... (No, I'm not pregnant!)

Later!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Holy Smokes! I watched the video, thought to myself....I'm going to buy that house if the deal falls through, then thought, hmmmmmm, I wonder where it is? Then decided it didn't matter. I'll take it. Absolutely beautiful!

Comeca Jones said...

Lucky lady in this market! (insert me toasting to your blessing) Cant wait to see what you want on a newer place!