May 16, 2012

{ I Did It! }

I painted our piano!
I have wanted to do it for such a long time, but was so nervous.
I'm so glad I finally did it...I love it!
Boo kept running through my pictures...silly girl.

This is where we started.
It was {yay, past tense} an oak player piano with funky 70's tulip stained glass windows...

I took it apart... 

and while my husband was gone for the weekend {so he wouldn't freak out that I was painting in the house} I got started... 

I sanded & painted 3 beautiful coats of antique white paint...

sanded it again & applied a wax polish to finish it aaannnddd... 
I LOOOOVE IT!

Why didn't I do this years ago?

The only thing I'm not sure about is the N monogram where the glass windows were.
I have some thoughts, but I'm very open to suggestions, or do you like it the way it is?
I would love to know what you think. :)

Linking up to:

5 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

I'm so glad you gave it a shot, I looks wonderful and I just love the monograms - adds such a nice touch!

Martha said...

i love it! the monogram is genius.

Emma said...

I really like the monogram. Though I think making the border of black around it wider would look better. I am so impressed, I not sure I am brave enough to paint my piano.

Bonnie Lucas said...

Love the painted piano, great work, but would prefer the glass.

SHERRY HART said...

Seriously more people should do this...it looks a million times better!