October 21, 2008

{ Non-Halloween Project }

Can you believe I've been working on some projects that don't relate to Halloween? I know, I know. But, this one is really good. Check out what I made out of a Target shirt I got on clearance for like $8, that has been sitting in my closet for a year, that I never wore. This is the shirt before...

And this is the shirt/skirt after...

I just cut the shirt underneath the armpits, roll-hemmed the waist & put the elastic in it. I didn't even have to touch the hem. It was already done for me. Sew easy! Now I'm looking all through my closet to see what other shirts would make cute skirts for my girls.

I also made a few other skirts with just plain old fabric. Nothing too tricky about these. Just a pattern & fabric.

Peanut was happy to model them for you.

And I was happy to use up some my fabric stash. {Does anyone else have a fabric stash? I'm sure that's something I inherited from my mom.}

Since I don't have a craft room my living room has turned into this...

and, yes, that is a pool table in our living room. But, that's a whole other story.

author's note: Please don't look too closely at those skirts. My sewing skills are lacking. Did I mention I absolutely hate sewing?

9 comments:

Mamacita said...

I love it, love it, love it. I'm proud of you. They are sooooooo cute. Love, MOM

AJ said...

I wish I could sew! Those skirts are adorable! And the poker table-my husband is still trying to talk me into putting one in our front room. I'm not budging on that one;)

Free Art Printables said...

That is so clever! I am going to start going though my stuff now!

Bobbi said...

Sew easy! Funny Jamie.

They are sooooooo cute! I was so busy tonight this is the first time I've had to look. It is late, but it is worth it! I want to see more pics if you make more. I want to try some too, but I think my sewing stash is too small. I'll have to try the shirt one.

Kasey said...

looks like you are turning very creative!
k-

Angie said...

Wow, Jamie! I think they look terrific! I am very impressed that you turned a shirt into a skirt...that is awesome. I miss my daughter wearing skirts now...lol.

Courtney N said...

They look great!

Chris said...

You have GOT to be kidding me. You made that adorable skirt out of a top! Your sewing skills are brilliant in my opinion!

Cindy said...

You are so silly, Jam's! I really like the banner. Please post instructions on either blog. Can I copy you????? Your living room may look like that, but my bedroom looks like that!!! and my family room!!! No other place for it.