August 28, 2009

{ Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies }

So here's my contribution... cookies! Anyone surprised? No, I didn't think so. I have a weakness for cookies which so many of you already know. :) I came across this recipe on the internet while trying to find the Paradise Bakery Chippers cookie recipe. (It is really secret, because I couldn't find it anywhere... but I'm still looking because it is soooo good) Anyway, we all loved this sugar cookie recipe, so try it!

Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies
created by sheacakes

Servings: 3 dozen

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups shortening (I used butter)3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
4 1/3 cups cake flour (I didn't have cake flour, so I used bread flour and only did 4 cups)3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sugar for decorating
In a medium bowl, mix together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer.
Mix on slow speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Slowly add vanilla extract and egg while mixing.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not overmix.

Dough may be rolled out on lightly floured board and cut with cookie cutters or scooped with an ice cream scoop and placed directly on cookie sheet. If scooped, flatten with palm of hand. (I didn't flatten them and I thought they turned out better)

Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 to 10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear. Ideally, the edges do not brown. Sprinkle liberally with sugar after baking.

6 comments:

Mamacita said...

Yummo! Can't wait to try them. The problem is if Dad and I eat them all we're in trouble. MOM

Jamie said...

Yummy! I love sugar cookies! I will, definitely, be trying this recipe!

Traci said...

I always enjoy your cookie recipes... and Ryan too! Can't wait to try them. :)

Sheri said...

Jamie is probably so happy someone finally blogged besides her! She is going to teach me how this weekend.

Love ya!
Sheri

Laurie Anne said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to try these. I'm a sucker for a good sugar cookie. Thanks for sharing :0)

Victoria said...

Mmm. These look awesome! Did you know you can add a little cornstarch to flour to substitute for cake flour? Going to try these...