January 20, 2010

{ Peanut Butter Bread }

I decided to share this yummy bread recipe with you because it is my son's favorite. He slathers on some jam and thinks it is so cool to have peanut butter and jelly that easy!Peanut Butter Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 cup milk

Stir together first four ingredients in a medium bowl.
Cut peanut butter in with a fork until it is nice and crumbly.
Stir together egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter in to a greased 9x5 bread pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from
pan immediately, and cool on a wire rack.

This bread is a little crumbly, but incredibly delicious!

7 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

This sounds so good I can't wait to try it. There are a bunch of PB recipes in blogland today :0)

Kris said...

Yum. I am making this tomorrow! Thanks

Adrienne said...

This looks SO good! I have never made bread before, but I think I'll give this a try - I LOVE peanut butter anything!

Bobbi said...

thanks for sharing Sheri! I want to try this...

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've never heard of this! But it sounds wonderful.
Brenda

Michelle said...

This recipe sounds delicious and I actually have all the necessary ingredients so I'm going to try this out today! Thanks for sharing :)

Room to Inspire said...

I am totally trying this! If it wasn't so late right now, I would be making it tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Chelsea