April 4, 2012

{Kitchen Before and After}

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Life, as so often happens, got in the way. However I did take a few pictures of my kitchen the other night that I thought I'd share. 
 It is FAR from finished, but as you can see in the before picture I've come a long way. I'm trying to remind myself that I've only been in my house for a few months. All I've done so far is paint, but what a difference!
 Eventually, the microwave will be replaced, and I can't wait to install knobs! I think they are the jewelry of the kitchen. I also just bought a light fixture for over the sink from our local ReStore. Hopefully I will install it soon.
 The lower cabinets are showing a lot more green in these pictures, it actually has a more blue/grey tone to it. The countertops aren't in the best shape, but I did color match the top and painted the wood trim on the edge. It made a HUGE difference and it makes it workable for the next few years until I can get them replaced.
I added the bead board and trim on the island again like I did in my old kitchen which I love! So cheap and it makes such a big difference.

 That's all for now, but I just made some new pillows for my family room couch using spray paint. (Yup, spray paint) and I. Am. In. Love. I'll show them to you soon...

6 comments:

GennieG said...

Your kitchen came out great! Love all the decor you have around too.

Comeca Jones said...

I love it light and bright!!!

Jamie said...

What a difference! I love that you painted the lower cabinets a different color.

Becky said...

Such a big job, but you are doing great! Looking wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love the fresh new cabinet colours, April. They make a world of difference and with lighter walls your room looks bigger too.

William Gulliver said...

White paint was a wise selection. It gives off the appearance of spaciousness to your kitchen, April. The kitchen isle's blue green painted cabinet coordinates well with the white cupboard. The transformation of the kitchen is quite enlightening - I'd love to make lots of lasagnas there!

William Gulliver